Tuesday, October 4, 2011

a little encouragement from LACEY PAIGE

A few words from a friend.


"I had one of those weeks last week too! I have 2 kids, a 3 year old and a 9 year old that has adhd, mood disorder, odd and anxiety (being watched for bipolar) so it usually means I need a "break" from life. I find that taking space or a break from whatever is currently going on and being able to enjoy some sort of quite time and read a book or watch a good movie always helps. Getting some quality "me" time to revive and recharge my inner soul (sounds super cheesey, I know) but to also take a step back and look into my own life and reflect on everything I am doing and why I am doing it, who I am doing it for and the goals I am trying to reach. Sometimes I get so caught up in life and forget the purpose of everything going on. This is one of the main reasons I started going to the gym every morning and really focusing on health- I am always doing something for my family that I wasn't taking care of myself and one day I was really sick and couldn't tend to my kids and no one was there to take care of me (my husband works) I thought to myself 'what if I was to get really ill because I didn't take care of myself? Who would take care of my family or me?' From then on I changed my lifestyle and wanted to be healthy and part of being healthy, aside from food and exercise, is putting everything down and taking time to yourself and doing something you truly enjoy.- sorry for rambling and hopefully if makes a little sense :)"

No comments:

Post a Comment